I can't remember fifty percent of my shopping list, nor do I remember my kids' names on a consistent basis. But I can remember exactly what was in a Swanson's fried chicken TV dinner, circa 1969.
I've had this ever since I could remember. I could be tearing my hair out, trying to remember an algebraic formula, while quite easily pulling David Cassidy's birthday out of the card catalog of my mind.
It's not a particularly useful trait to have ... unless I happen to get a hankering to overthrow Alex Trebek.
So in honor of my useless talent, I am making this Trivia Tuesday. There are no prizes, other than the distinct satisfaction or discovery that you may also have this admirable hidden talent.
Here goes ... oh wait--no using The Google or other such cheater pants methods. Your answers have to be pulled out of the deep twists and turns of your own brain. You can put your answers in the comment section--but no reading the answers of others before you reply!
1. When is David Cassidy's birthday? (You didn't think I was going to leave that one out, did you?)
2. Name two possible desserts in a Swanson's TV dinner from the sixties and/or seventies.
3. What was the first of the Nancy Drew books?
4. From where did Kurt Cobain hail?
5. (Bonus): What was the first line of ARE YOU THERE GOD? IT'S ME, MARGARET.?
And: Get your mouse off the Google button, Cheater McCheatsley. (You know who you are!) I'll post the answers tomorrow.