I nodded, trying to convey an expression of both humble thanks and uppity wisdom, quickly trying to cover up any part of the page that might say "People Magazine" on it.
That's right. I can finish the People Crossword puzzle in about seven minutes or less --even if there's an unknown rapper as the double-big-money word. (Five minutes, if the d-b-m is an aging soap star, game show host, or cheesy singer from the seventies or eighties.)
My brother, Tim, has this skill, too. We got it from our mother, a charter subscriber to People. She would punish us mercilessly if we did the crossword before her--extra tongue lashings if we did it in pen AND got the word wrong.
Anyway ... I digress. This is Trivia Tuesday, and my questions today have double (possibly, triple) value to you, the answerer. Not only will you have the possible satisfaction of getting these correct, you may also be able to use these in a future People crossword --or even a USA Today crossword.
Remember the NO-GOOGLING rule.
1. What was the name of Erica Kane's high school sweetheart on All My Children?
2. Name the host of Hollywood Squares.
3. How many choices were behind the wall on The Dating Game?
4. What was the name of the Brady Bunch's dog?
5. Who were the only two members of the Partridge Family who actually sang?
Bonus: On what day was Jennifer Tompkins born?